Belur Orthodontics is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Specialist Orthodontic Practice may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the 5th April 2018.
This is the privacy notice of Belur Orthodontics. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Belur Orthodontics.
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you through our website. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We take the protection of your privacy and confidentiality seriously. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now by requesting that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org.
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party any information collected through our website.
THE BASIS ON WHICH WE PROCESS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes, then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
- INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION WITH YOU
If you join us as a patient or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example, to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
- INFORMATION WE PROCESS WITH YOUR CONSENT
Through certain actions, when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our Practice, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example, to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may, from time to time, pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us [at the email address or webpage]. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
- INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation, such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
- SPECIFIC USES OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
Information you give to us. We may use this information to:
- Send you general and marketing communications;
- Send you e-mail notifications;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and/or
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and review purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and/or
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- COMPLAINTS REGARDING CONTENT ON OUR WEBSITE
If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint.
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
We use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
How you can complain
- [You can find further information about our complaint handling procedure at the webpage URL]
- If a dispute is not settled, then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in the process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied with how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
- CONTACTING US VIA OUR WEBSITE
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us securely in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply, as well as the personally identifiable information associated with your messages, such as your name and email address and other contact details, so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service. This data will be held securely online for a period of 3 months; we may also record this information within our practice management software.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website.
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. The tool uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
- PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS FROM YOUR BROWSING ACTIVITY
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our websites, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution. This information is recorded by Google Analytics as well as via certain 3rd party plugins installed on our website.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the web pages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
- OUR USE OF RE-MARKETING
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other website.
- OUR USE OF CALL TRACKING
We may have call tracking installed on our website. This tracking will automatically record certain information about the visitor by using various types of technology, including cookies, clear gifs or web beacons. This automatically-collected information may include the phone number, IP address or other device address or ID, geographic location of the Visitor, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after visiting the site, the pages or other content the visitor views or interacts with, and the dates and times of the visit. Calls may also be recorded.
Access to your own information
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- At any time, you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you by contacting us.
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website, you may send us a request at [email address].
- After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
- REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our systems, you may contact us at [email address].
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
- VERIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personally identifiable information, we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action; this is important to safeguard your information.
- ENCRYPTION OF DATA SENT BETWEEN US
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust marks in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
As mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information securely online for a period of 3 months. We will also keep the data on our practice management software for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services you have requested;
- To comply with other law
- To support a claim or defence in court.
- COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
19.WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
20.WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Other cookies may be stored on your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
- SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform, respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons that help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
24.LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email [email protected]
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above addresses. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- HOW TO CONTACT US